Two Facebook Insiders came forward to Project Veritas in May of 2021 with leaked internal documents, one of them being Facebook Data Technician, Morgan Kahmann, showing the Big Tech giant’s plan to police “Vaccine Hesitancy” (VH) through surreptitious “comment demotion.”
The company set up a tier system to rank comments on various scales, based on how much the statement questions or cautions against the Covid-19 vaccination.
Tier 2, for instance, represents “Indirect Discouragement” of getting vaccinated and, according to Veritas’ sources, user comments such as these would be heavily “suppressed.”
It doesn’t matter if the comments are true, factual or represent reality. The comment is demoted, buried and hidden from public view if it clashes with this system.
Morgan Kahmann leaked multiple internal documents detailing an algorithm test being run on 1.5 percent of Facebook’s and Instagram’s nearly 3.8 billion users, worldwide.
The goal? To, “drastically reduce user exposure to vaccine hesitancy (VH) in comments.”
“They're trying to control this content before it even makes it onto your page before you even see it,” Kahmann said.
As a result of his courage, Kahmann was fired from his job. He raised over $500,000 via his GiveSendGo campaign that he created – the largest sum a Project Veritas Insider has ever raised as of the time of this publication.
A few days later, another anonymous Facebook Insider sent Project Veritas a video of Facebook executives [including CEO Mark Zuckerberg] discussing Kahmann on a company-wide meeting. They criticized Kahmann’s willingness to leak secret Facebook documents about which the public has a right to know.
1. The authors of the plan are credited as Joo Ho Yeo, Nick Gibian, Hendrick Townley, Amit Bahl and Matt Gilles.
2. The goal of the “framework” is to “identify and tier the categories” of content that “could discourage vaccination in certain contexts.”
3. Facebook also established a “Vaccine Hesitancy” scoring system to establish numerical thresholds for certain content.
4. The company instituted tiers to describe the tone of certain posts, with some being categorized as “sensational/alarmist” or “criticizing choice.” The responses range from outright removal to comment demotions.
5. Another document from the aforementioned Hendrick Townley discusses more data points following the “experiment” with “demoting” VH comments.
6. One part of the document admits to “demoting” comments and reducing the rate of likes while conducting a test of 1.5 percent of the company’s audience.
7. Other posts discussing the unique double dose of certain vaccines were described as “objective_high” and outlined a “position change.”
8. Descriptions of the type of content that falls into Tier 0, Tier 1 and Tier 2.
9. An enforcement document obtained by one of the Insiders showed Facebook’s goal of reducing the distribution of comments seemingly skeptical of Covid vaccination.
10. Facebook document details how many languages their "Vax Safety" policy will be able to detect for suppression.
11. Facebook's "Vaccine Hesitancy" project leaders listed in company's chain of command, reporting directly to Mark Zuckerberg.
12. Facebook's Ben Freeman sends internal message to colleagues informing them of data gathering and action to be taken regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
13. Amit Bahl's job role within Facebook explained.
14. "Vaccine Hesitancy Comment Demotion" Tier 1 and Tier 2 explained.
15. Facebook describes how to label different types of posts.
16. Facebook elaborates on Tier 2's "Indirect Discouragement."
17. VAERS data analyzed by Facebook.
18. Vaccine Hesitancy comments targeted by Facebook.
19. Facebook describes what it classifies as "Shocking Stories" in regard to vaccines.
Read the entire Facebook Vaccine Hesitancy Comment Demotion document here.
Read the entire Facebook Global Operations Primer - Health Misinformation document here.