Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
type of browser software and operating system you are using;
date and time you access our site; and
the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
If you choose to identify yourself (or otherwise provide us with personal information) when you use our online forms or services:
We will collect (and may retain) any personally identifying information, such as your name, street address, email address, and phone number, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it to provide you with additional information at a later time. We may share your information with third parties.
If you request information, services, or assistance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties that (in our judgment) are appropriate in order to fulfill your request. If, when you provide us with such information, you specify that you do not want us to disclose the information to third parties, we will honor your request. Note, however, that if you do not provide such information, it may be impossible for us to refer, respond to or fulfill your request.
If your communication relates to a law enforcement matter, we may disclose the information to law enforcement agencies that we deem appropriate.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), in that we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, information and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years of age or older.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Other Websites
We take reasonable precautions to protect your information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission that can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using the website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
PROJECT VERITAS is recognized by the IRS and States as A Legitimate Educational Organization Serving the Public Interest.
PROJECT VERITAS is recognized as a tax exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your donations are tax deductible as allowed by federal law and the laws of various states. By donating, you may receive emails from our organization. You may unsubscribe at any time.
California: PV’s audited financial statement is available upon request to PROJECT VERITAS (PV). 100 percent of your gift may be deducted under Federal and State income tax laws. Florida: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL FREE WITHIN THE STATE, 1-800-435-7352. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. PV’s registration number is CH15951. Georgia: Upon request, PV will provide a full and fair description of this and its other programs, and a financial statement or summary. Maryland: A copy of PV’s current financial statement is available on request to PROJECT VERITAS, 3213 Duke Street, #625, Alexandria, VA 22314. For the cost of copies and postage, registration documents, and other information are available from the Maryland Secretary of State. Minnesota: 100 percent of your gift may be deducted as a charitable contribution under Federal and state laws. Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of PV may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement. New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT. New York: Upon request, a copy of PV’s last annual report filed with Attorney General is available from PV or from the New York State Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, Attn: FOIL Office, Department of State, 120 Broadway, New York, New York 10271. North Carolina: Financial information about this organization and a copy of its license available from the State Solicitation Licensing Branch at (888) 830-4989. The license is not an endorsement by the state. Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of PV may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Virginia: A financial statement is available from the State Division of Consumer Affairs in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services upon request. Washington: The registration statement required by the Charitable Solicitation Act is on file with the Secretary of State. Additional information can be obtained by calling 1-800-332-4483. West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capital, Charleston, West Virginia 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.
BE Brave! Do Something! Project Veritas SMS Terms
1. General – Project Veritas sends SMS messages to customers to notify them about informational alerts. Communications through our short code services occur on an opt-in basis. Text TRUTH to 87884 to receive informational alerts from Project Veritas. Approximately 8 msgs/mo. Message and Data Rates May Apply. Service will continue until customer cancels. Carriers are not responsible for delayed or undelivered messages.
2. Opt in/Opt out - The user opts in to texting while interacting with a Veritas representative over the phone or a digital support channel.
Project Veritas does not charge users for participating in the program; however, message and data rates from your wireless carrier may apply. Message frequency varies based on your services. Text "HELP” to 87884
To opt out of the program at any time, users can Text "STOP" to 87884 or contact us at email@example.com.
After the user sends the message "STOP" to us, we will text a reply message to confirm that the user has been unsubscribed. After this, the user will no longer receive messages from us unless he or she chooses to opt in again.
3. Help – A user needing assistance can just text "HELP" to 87884. After the user sends the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how contact us and how to unsubscribe.
4. Participating Carriers – Subscription Service available on most carriers including U.S. Cellular, AT&T, Cellular One, T-Mobile, Sprint, Boost, MetroPCS, Verizon Wireless, Alltel Wireless and Virgin Mobile. Requires text-enabled handset.
5. Rates – As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to the user from us and to us from the user. If the user has any questions about wireless text or data plans, it is best to contact the user’s wireless provider.
You may cancel your subscription by texting STOP to 87884. You can also get info directly on your phone by texting HELP to 87884 or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Support – For all questions about the services provided by this short code, contact us via our various support methods at email@example.com.
7. Use of Short Code in Connection with an Emergency – Use of the short code is not interconnected with a public switched telephone network and is not designed or intended to be a replacement for ordinary mobile or fixed landline service. Any access to voice telephone calls is provided by the Customer’s mobile service provider and not by Project Veritas or the Services. The use of the short code is not intended or designed to support or carry emergency calls (including 911 and 000) to any type of hospitals, law enforcement agencies, medical care unit, public safety access point, or any other kind of emergency service. Calls or messages to emergency services cannot be processed through the use of this short code. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Project Veritas is not required to provide access to emergency services under any applicable local or national rules, regulations or law, and it is the Customer’s responsibility to utilize separately, traditional wireless or fixed-line telephone services that offer emergency services.
This document was last updated on 08/29/2022.