In what’s become a disturbing pattern, Vermont’s Secretary of State has joined politicians from New Hampshire to Minnesota in deciding to ignore the problem of potential voter disenfranchisement and fraud, as exposed by our recent series of investigative reports, and instead shoot the messenger.
The Burlington Free Press reported that:
“Secretary of State James Condos, who learned about the video from the Burlington Free Press, said Tuesday afternoon that he hopes the Attorney General’s Office will investigate the video to see whether a crime had taken place.
“My next phone call is to Bill Sorrell’s office,” Condos said, referring to the state’s top prosecutor.”
Unfortunately, Condos isn’t talking about fixing the glaring loopholes we’ve exposed in Vermont law.
“Condos said from his review of the video, he was confident that local elections officials had followed the law by not asking for identification…and the fault lies with the people trying to impersonate someone who has died or does not exist.
“They all followed the law,” Condos said of the local elections officials. “The people who committed fraud were actually the videographer and the impersonator.”
That’s like blaming your house inspector for a termite infestation.
Condos and other members of the political and media establishment who have attacked Project Veritas over our latest investigation are either hopelessly naïve about the nature of crime and criminals or they are knowingly defending a broken, fraudulent system because they prefer the electoral outcomes it produces.
Either way, it’s up to the voters and taxpayers in New Hampshire, Minnesota and Vermont (so far) to decide if their states can do better.